A Club Car vehicle gives you years of trouble-free service when properly maintained. Please follow the recommended long-term storage checklist. For more information on overall vehicle maintenance, consult the owner’s manual.
Make sure the vehicle is plugged in and that the proper electrolyte level is maintained throughout the entire storage period. Perform the following procedure at least two weeks prior to long-term storage to ensure proper mixing of water and electrolyte. It takes approximately five charge cycles with a minimum of 10 EUs removed to properly mix the water with electrolyte. DO NOT water batteries immediately prior to storage. This will not provide sufficient charge time to mix the water with the electrolyte. Freezing can occur when batteries are stored in this condition.
- Two weeks prior to storage: Check the water levels in each battery cell. If water is required, fill the cells to cover the plates, charge the set and use distilled water to top off each cell. Electrolyte levels should be from 1/2-inch (13 mm) above plates to 1/4-inch (6 mm) below the level indicator.
- Immediately prior to storage:
- Turn the key switch to the OFF position, remove the key and leave the forward/reverse switch in the NEUTRAL position during storage.
- Power down all accessories.
- Place the tow/run switch in the TOW position. Since the battery warning light does not illuminate with the tow switch in TOW, do not use the warning light as an indication of the batteries’ charge state.
- Clean the battery packs, tops, and terminals using a battery acid neutralizer (1 cup baking soda per 1-gallon water). Check, clean, and treat battery terminal connections with a battery terminal protector spray.
- Tighten all battery cable connections per the owner’s manual.
- If your vehicle is equipped with a Single Point Watering System, place the fill tube on top of the battery. This allows any water in the tube to drain back into the batteries.
- A bag protector should be stored in the DOWN position to reduce the risk of the vinyl in the window panel cracking. The windshield should be stored in the UPRIGHT position.
- Plug the battery charger into the car. Leave charger plugged in during storage. If your car is equipped with an onboard computer (OBC), it automatically activates the charger when needed.
- If the battery charger is left plugged in during extended storage, check the electrolyte level and the charger function at least once per month to ensure that proper operation is maintained. To check the charger function, disconnect the DC cord (stationary charger) from the vehicle or the AC cord (onboard charger) from the power source and wait five seconds before reconnecting. The charger is functioning properly if the ammeter indicates current.
- If AC power is off for seven or more days, the OBC will not function or charge the vehicle again until it is restarted. To restart the computer:
- Ensure AC power has been restored.
- Disconnect the DC cord (stationary charger) from the vehicle or the AC cord (onboard charger) from the power source; wait five seconds and reconnect.
- Check tire pressure and inflate to 1 8 – 20 PSI or as called for in the owner’s manual.
- Perform all semi-annual lubrication.
- Thoroughly clean the front and rear body, seats, battery compartment, and underside of the vehicle.
- Make sure the storage facility has adequate ventilation as called for in the owner’s manual.
- Do not engage the parking brake, but secure the car from rolling. Chock the wheels of the vehicle since the forward/reverse lever is in NEUTRAL and the vehicle is in TOW position.
NOTES: Isle Golf Cars recommends this storage procedure for time away from your cart for durations of 2 months or less. If you need help with this procedure, click here to submit a request.
Isle Golf Cars Inc. is not responsible for any damages that may occur while performing the electric vehicle long-term storage procedure.
New Golf Carts for Sale
Used Electric Golf Cart Inventory
Used Gas Golf Carts for Sale
Is it time to have your golf cart serviced?
Call 1-800-248-8871 to book your golf cart in for service or contact us through our website.