Gas Vehicle Long Term Storage
Properly store your gas golf cart when not in use.
A Club Car vehicle gives you years of trouble-free service when properly maintained. Please follow the recommended long-term storage checklist. For more information on overall vehicle maintenance, consult the owner’s manual.
- Place the forward/reverse handle in the NEUTRAL position and the neutral lockout cam in the MAINTENANCE position.
- Turn the fuel shut-off valve to the closed OFF position. Turn the key switch to ON position and run the engine until fuel remaining in the carburetor and fuel lines is depleted and the engine stalls. Turn the key switch to the OFF position and remove the key. Return the neutral lockout cam to the OPERATE position.
- Loosen but do not remove the carburetor drain screw and drain remaining fuel into a clean container. Pour the fuel from the container into the vehicle’s fuel tank and tighten the carburetor drain screw.
- Disconnect the fuel vent line from the fuel tank vent barb. Use a slip-on vinyl cap to plug the fuel tank vent nipple so that it is air tight.
- Disconnect the battery cables, starting with the negative cable.
- Check tire pressure and inflate to 1 2 - 14 PSI or as called for in the owner's manual.
- Perform all semi-annual lubrications and make sure engine oil levels meet the owner's manual requirements.
- Clean the battery using a battery acid neutralizer (1 cup of baking soda per 1 gallon of water). Check, clean and treat battery terminal connections with a battery terminal protector spray.
- Remove the spark plug and pour 1/2 ounce of SAE 10 weight oil into the engine through the spark plug hole. Rotate the engine crankshaft by hand several times and then re-install the spark plug.
- Do not engage the park brake, but secure the car from rolling.
- A bag protector should be stored in the DOWN position to reduce risk of the vinyl in the window panel cracking. The windshield should be stored in the UPRIGHT position.
- Peace of Mind
- Isle Golf Cars Service
- Maintaining Your Precedent Gas Golf Cart
- Gas Service Special Flyer